Jesus


You need Macromedia's Flash player to view this movie.

YROC SWCC

Total Pageviews

Southwest Christian Center Bakersfield Ca

Southwest Christian Center Bakersfield Ca

Translate

Monday, October 28, 2013

Message - Pastor Stacey - Hebrews 10:19-22



 Therefore, brothers, since we have confidence to enter the Most Holy Place by the blood of Jesus, by a new and living way opened for us through the curtain, that is, His body, and since we have a great priest over the house of God, let us draw near to God with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water.

Hebrews 10:19-22


Heavenly Father, I can only wonder what it must have been like for the high priest on that one day of the year when he was called on to enter the Most Holy Place. Knowing that sinful man could not stand in the presence of a holy God, I would think his heart must have been pounding as he prepared to go behind the curtain. Even after making the prescribed preparations before entering, he had to wonder if he would make it out alive. Lord, I thank you that we do not have to feel this way. Thank you that we have the privilege of approaching You through the blood of Jesus, whose sacrifice was sufficient to forgive us and cleanse us from our sins. Thank You that Your presence is now in our hearts, because You placed Your Holy Spirit within us when we accepted Jesus as our Lord and Savior. I pray for myself and all who read this today that we will never take for granted the sacrifice that was made on our behalf, or the wonderful privilege we have of drawing near to You in personal relationship. Help us to be mindful of Your Spirit within us and to strive to live a life that is pleasing to You. I love You Lord and I thank You for loving me enough to send Your Son so that I can be in Your presence forever. In Jesus name I pray. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Holy Bible Playlist